Monday, December 12, 2005

Can a Christian play Survivor?

Friends, neighbors, and my gorgeous wife:

My gut feeling is that the last time I posted something here someone other than myself read it. I'm not sure exactly why I feel that way, but I do.

Therefore, I will make another entry.

God is good. Let's get the important stuff right up front. Jesus Christ is the passion of my life, and I am so excited to be able to hopefully encourage others by this means. If you haven't met him yet, you need to!! I’d love to talk with you more about that if you’d like: johntyler4@excite.com

To my beautiful wife. I want you to know I love you and I can’t wait to meet you. I realize, more than ever, the impact you will have (and actually already have) in my life. I thank you in advance for your unfailing love and encouragement. I’d sure like to take you to dinner soon: johntyler4@excite.com

Godly people (and wifey) I need feedback. Can a believer play Survivor? Can you play with integrity? Is anyone who has already played the game reading this?

Bobby John seems to think that you can't go out there "and just smile and be a nice guy" and do well. He went on to say that you have to "push on the gas to make the car go." Now, I'm not the sharpest guy in the world, and I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what he means by that, but can't you go be decent to others and still keep them from voting for you?

Didn't Ethan play a clean game? He won it all.

I've heard believers say it's putting a stamp of approval on unseemly behavior to play the game, and I've heard others say it's a great opportunity to let your light shine on national TV (as long as that's what you really do out there). And, if you went out there and did well, wouldn't it instantly give you an incredible platform to share the Gospel once the experience is over?

I'd love feedback from some Holy Ghost-filled, media savvy folks...soon. (johntyler4@excite.com)

So Bob McNair hired Dan Reeves today as a consultant, and used the words "Super Bowl" in a quote roughly 24 hours after his team lost its 12th game of the season. I can tell this guy thinks like I do. Now, let me make myself perfectly clear...I DO NOT think the Texans are losing on purpose.

But that finish in Nashville was weird...

How about that Narnia movie? In general, I avoid movies in which animals talk. However, these animals really had something to say. And what about that Lucy? She was something else, wasn't she? I believed her crazy story from the very beginning, and we're a family here so we ought to start acting like one and believe right along with her. Turns out, she wasn't crazy after all.

Can't wait for the next film...when that silly professor threw the ball to the kids at the end and said "try me" I was thinking, "Sir, there's a frozen forest with talking animals and weird looking lady with icecycles in her hair, and they all live in your armoire in the empty room. This is a very crazy story."

I love those crazy kinds of stories...and I want to write one like that!

Go see this film if you haven’t, it is excellent. http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/

It had me thanking Jesus for what He’s done in my life.

Well, it’s just about bedtime. Goodnight, gorgeous (Song of Solomon 1:15).

And good night to all of you who take the time to read this. Be blessed until next time.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment