Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Double Whataburger with cheese

Man, I've really done it this time. I blew it and I have to face the consequences.

I just had a double Whataburger with cheese.

I know...I know...what am I supposed to do, beat myself up about it? They're tasty, and quick, and I know I'm not supposed to eat them. You see, the doctor said my triglycerides are "highly elevated." But every once in a while, you have to have a hamburger. Today, for some reason, felt like having a hamburger.

Well, Jesus remains faithful, even when I don't eat the right thing for dinner. I just love him! I'm not sure what it is tonight, but I'm feeling the joy of the Lord here in Houston, Texas. He is good, and His mercy endures forever! Can I hear a better "amen"?

By the way, congratulations to all my fellow employees at The Methodist Hospital System in Houston. Methodist was named by Fortune Magazine as one of it's "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2006.

To the Princess: I am excited about the prospect of looking into those gorgeous eyes soon -- but as my fellow employees seem to want to hammer home lately -- "It's what's on the inside that counts."

I am so thankful to God that He would never turn a deaf ear to the prayers I have sent to Him, year after year, as I've waited for you to come into my life, my love.

I know you are full of the Holy Ghost and the fire of God, and that is more beautiful than anything on planet Earth. I would trade that for NOTHING and accept nothing less!! I thank God all the time that your physical beauty will only be surpassed by a hunger for Him, purity, holiness and wisdom.

That is some beautiful stuff!

You're right, it's what's on the inside that counts. His name is Jesus, He is the Way, the Truth and The Life.

I love you all. John

No comments:

Post a Comment