Thursday, January 5, 2006

What I'm listening to right now

By the way, that Texans-49ers football game broadcast the other day was weird... (in the very best way!!)

--------------------------------------------------------

Other than KSBJ, what have I been listening to driving up and down I-45, to and from the Texas Medical Center? I pulled the CDs out of my CD changer in the car and will now share what I've been listening to.

1) Ms. Rebecca St. James -- If I Had One Chance to Tell You Something

http://www.rsjames.com

I have been a fan for years, and friends, this is her best yet! Frankly, I've nearly worn this CD out since Thanksgiving, if that's possible. I love it. This anointed album connects...

Listen carefully for a possible hidden message at the end of "Thank you," worked into the harmony in the chorus. I thought I heard something...listen carefully.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you" ???

Apparently, I bought the wrong version. Come to find out, there's a special edition with extra songs, DVD footage. I guess I'll be picking up another copy.

Good stuff, Rebecca!

2) Israel and New Breed -- Alive in South Africa

http://www.newbreedmusic.com

Goodness, this is a PRAISE CD!! I haven't even really broken out the second disc yet, since I love the first one so much. Has God placed a big dream in your heart? Is the devil trying to convince you it will never come to pass? Close your eyes, focus on Him, and listen to tracks 10, 11 and 12 on the first disc, loud! You won't be able to hold on to any doubt and unbelief, that's for sure! That part with Tutor Bismarck is out of this world. If you love to worship (and I certainly hope you do) you'll LOVE this one.

You know that whole "pressed down, shaken together, running over" bit from the song Favor of the Lord? The Lakewood folks know what I'm talking about...it's a cute little hand deal the congregation does when singing that one that simulates each part of the chorus? I've taught it to several people at the office. Michelle jokes that we should do it at departmental meetings at work. That sure will be fun, if she pulls it off. ;) Kidding, of course.

3) Jeremy Camp -- Restored

http://www.jeremycamp.com

I like this one a lot, although I'm not sure I like it as much as Stay. I wanted to see him when he came through town recently, but they booked him on the same night Stryper was in town. How do you miss a Stryper show?

4) Dr. Paul Osteen – Trusting God With Our Dreams: The Importance of Timing

This message, delivered on Wednesday night, 6/8/05, at the old Lakewood sanctuary, has been in my car CD changer longer than any other disc. Great message on the importance of timing when waiting on God's promises in our life. When my flesh tries to tell me He's not at work, I push play on this one...

----------------------------------------------------

Church tonight: Lisa spoke on prayer. It was excellent. She brought her family up on the stage and told the story of how God brought all her children to her during one of the darkest periods of her life. A call to action: pray without ceasing and never, ever give up!

Very, very sleepy now. It's the middle of the night.

Be blessed -- good morning, Beautiful -- wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment