Sunday, April 16, 2006

Psalm 22:3

Between the Good Friday communion and praise service at my home church and the combined Easter service at Minute Maid Park this morning with Second Baptist and Windsor Village United Methodist Church, you could say this was a very powerful weekend in God's presence here in Houston, Texas!

Celebrating why we have new life as Christians -- the death and resurrection of Jesus -- was awesome!!

The scripture that sums up the services I've been in this weekend is the one that tells us God inhabits the praises of his people (Psalm 22:3). Jesus has not only risen and gone back to the Father, He has sent us the Comforter. And He's showing up everywhere God's people put on the garment of praise!

I have several family members (two sisters, their husband and soon-to-be husband, dad and step mother) who attend Second, and I've seen firsthand the impact of that ministry. The wonderful Pastor Joel Osteen led several members of my family to the cross, but the ministry of Second Baptist is doing an incredible job of discipling them and I'm so thankful for what I see God doing in their lives.

When they told me about this service and gave me an invitation recently, I was intrigued. What a Spirit-led idea! To bring together two churches with the same mission -- reaching Houston and beyond with the Good News -- but somewhat different racial or cultural backgrounds. Wow. And getting to see Pastors Young and Caldwell minister in the same venue...

Thank you, Jesus, for what you are doing in this city. It's amazing. I'm not sure how many were in attendance or how many accepted Christ at the end, but both of those final tallies will be impressive.

In other news, I received a wedding invitation this weekend from my sister, who will get married at Second this summer. I am so excited for you, sis. God has blessed you with a wonderful man of God.

Oh, I'm quite certain God has a beautiful, wonderful, anointed, Spirit-filled, Spirit-led, visionary woman out there somewhere for me. I'm just going to keep on waiting for her, knowing He knows what's best for me. His ways and timing are perfect...and I'm so looking forward to it (if you've been reading this blog for any length of time that's probably no surprise to you)!

We'll chat again soon. God bless you! John

No comments:

Post a Comment