Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm listening to Liz on the computer machine

This from 5/16/06. Too late to post.

Absolutely gorgeous night in the Space City! Absolutely gorgeous, just like you my Princess, wherever you are!

I'm listening to Liz on the computer machine.

"This is Your Life" on the radio.

Just got back from visiting my mom and thought I'd type on the computer for a while. Barry Bonds has not hit home run 714 tonight yet but the Giants sure are putting on a clinic for the beloved Astros.

Russ Springer apparently just got ejected for hitting Barry Bonds with a pitch.

It's 12-3 S.F in the 6th inning.

Went to the Astros game on Friday night. Wow. They blew out the Rockies and then there was this incredible fireworks display (this takes a minute or two to load) after the game. I had thought about blogging from my seat in the ball park, and I was disappointed I hadn't brought in my laptop once the game got rolling.

It was a big Astros win (12-2) in what I term "San Diego weather" (perfect night for baseball), marriage proposal on the big screen, fireworks...Oh well, next game I'll bring the computer. Fun!

"Shine" by the Newsboys on the radio.

Newsboys are coming to town this summer for the KSBJ anniversary show. Lots of cool bands coming for that one. If the weather is nice, maybe I'll get a lawn seat and blog right there during the show (if I'm in town).

"I am not skilled to understand..." on the radio. Amen and Amen.

Speaking of shows, I unfortunately had to miss the P.O.D. show here in town last week. I had been looking forward to that one SO MUCH. I respect those guys and I believe in what they are doing. Keep letting your light shine in dark places and making your mark!! The CD is out of this world.

Here's a great interview with Sonny from P.O.D., featuring his testimony:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8104339127101883621

"I Need You to Love Me"...the Barlows.

I got a brand new study Bible in the mail from Daystar Saturday! Don't you just love it when you get a new Bible? My former Bible had so many miles on it that half of Genesis fell out, and recently everything from John 15 to the end of Revelation was removable in sections of 10 to 20 pages. Yep, it was time for a new Bible.

My scripture for today? Psalm 25: 12-14.

"Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land. The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them."

I like the the word "will" over and over in those verses. What an awesome feeling to know that no matter what is going on around us, and what steps we have before us, we have an undoubtable, unnegotiable promise from the living God, the creator of everything. Seek Him, fear Him, and he promises to unfold it all before us. All we have to do is trust Him. No striving, no forcing the door open, no sprinting while God is walking. Just rest.

Watermark on the radio...I'm looking forward to Friday night!

By the way, soon I will begin advertising this blog on some sites that reach outside the United States. This should be where the real FUN starts!

Be blessed! Chat with you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment