Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Astros had the day off yesterday

Howdy!

The Astros had the day off yesterday...and they have what it takes. I hope they realize that as they come back to Minute Maid Park. There is no doubt in my mind that they can beat anyone when the bats are on like they have been this past week.

We've won four out of the last five, and those were four solid wins.

OK, OK, I know, three of them were against the Pirates. Keep in mind, though, the Pirates swept the Cardinals just a couple weeks ago, didn't they? Don't we have at least a couple series with the Cardinals during this race? Aren't those some of the most important games in regards to catching up?

Sounds simple to me. Let's play the Brewers, Cardinals and everyone else just like we played the Pirates, and we're good.

Taveras and Scott are warriors. Berkman keeps hitting them out. And, is there anyone else that wants to tell Brad Lidge we're proud of him recently? Someone should.

The Rocket is On. Oswalt is on. Pettite is pitching incredibly well of late.

If any team can do it, this one can.

If I was a player on the Astros, I would think of it this way: you know you can beat anyone when you play like you did the past few games.

Every team the Astros face from here on out is not only beatable, those teams also want to take this away the feeling of a World Series appearance from them.

That can't be acceptable to them! How bad do they want it? I understand Matt over at Channel 11 has upgraded our condition from "dead" to "on life support." We'll see.

On the Texans game...

You might ask, why has it taken me so long to blog about that game?

I'm taking my time getting started, just like our offense did.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! I felt pretty good overall about what we saw. Defensively we are on track. Not sure what was going on offensively there at the beginning, but I'm confident a little work and we're going to have a good season.

David just needed to relax. Maybe he's so used to ending up on his back at the end of a play he doesn't know what to do with himself now that he's getting some protection. This is also a new system he is learning.

Can I state the obvious? We need to convert some of those drives into touchdowns. If we do that, we're going to win some football games.

No comments:

Post a Comment