Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Lord longs to be gracious to you

Last night at church Lisa shared a scripture that really stuck with me -- I can't ever remember hearing it before. I marked it in my Bible determined to take a closer look at it. So, during my quiet time this morning I really spent time meditating on it.

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait on him" (Isaiah 30:18).

I grabbed a copy of the paper and read about last night's party at Minute Maid. All those "long" balls "rising" and falling into the Crawford Boxes.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/4107007.html

They've often said baseball is a metaphor for life. I'm not sure if God is involved in baseball. I can't find scripture or verse to support it.

But it sure is fun to think about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment