Thursday, June 28, 2007

It was a big crowd, too

I go through seasons spiritually when God seems to speak to me often through dreams. I might be in one of those seasons.

Let me preface what I'm about to say by stating that I don't believe every dream is a message from the Lord. For instance, I had a dream once that was dressed in a gorilla suit riding a bicycle while hitting people in the back with a tennis racket as I sped by them. I've been hard pressed to derive any spiritual meaning from that in an allegorical sense, nor has it come to pass literally, so it was probably bad pizza.

On the other hand, I had an interesting dream this past Friday night that left an impression on me, and it wasn't until Sunday morning that I believe God confirmed He is definitely trying to get me to focus on a particular scripture or idea.

In the dream, I was invited to be a guest speaker at an event. Although I'm not sure what the event was, it was held in a large arena. The inside of this place looked the like the Astrodome, although I don't think it was.

A unknown man approached me and said, "We'll be getting started in about five minutes." I looked at my watch, and the time was around 7:25 p.m.

When he walked away from me, I suddenly realized that I had come unprepared. I had no idea what I would speak about. I remember being surprised at myself for coming to this huge meeting with nothing to say. I asked the Lord, "What do what me to speak on tonight?"

God's still small voice gave me a scripture: "And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ, developing and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you." (Philippians 1:6).

That's the last I remember.

It's a wonderful promise in the word of God, and the scripture alone is encouragement enough. However, when I showed up at Lakewood Church Sunday morning and Pastor Joel's sermon was about God being a God of completion, and the main scripture reference he used in his sermon was Philipians 1:6, you might say I left the service recharged. (Joel's sermons are on a two or three week delay -- definitely catch this one on the Lakewood Web site or on the TV in a couple weeks if you weren't there. Great stuff).

Strangely, in the past couple months or so, I have had roughly three "public speaking" experiences in dreams. Prophetic? Who knows... I think the point is God wants to let me know that though it may seem at times that the plan of God is derailed on on back order, it isn't. He's still working on everything. It's most definitely not happening on my timetable. No surprises. I can't ever remember a time when it did.

I think I'm also in a season in which I might blog more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment