Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Here's the B-G-O moment I'll remember most

Craig Biggio announced his retirement today at Minute Maid Park.

There are many things that set him apart, but it's funny how what always comes to my mind is him sprinting out to second base from the dugout when the Astros are announced before each game.

It may seem like a small observation, but it really encapsulated how he consistently played the game...with his whole heart.

I did a search for "Craig Biggio" on YouTube and came up with this video a fan shot from the stands on the occasion of his 3,000th hit. There are several similar videos on YouTube, but I think this one really captures what we were all feeling at that moment.

I've been an Astros fan for many years, and have enjoyed many incredibly exciting moments watching that team.

More than the playoff games, even more than the World Series appearance, the few minutes captured on this video represent what was for me the most exciting moments I've ever enjoyed at a Houston Astros game.

Thank you for what you've meant to this city, the Astros and the fans. Best of everything to you and your family.



On another note...

Those are the milkshakes at 59 Diner...no question about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment