Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm getting sick and tired of our enemy

David said to Saul, "Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him." (1 Samuel 17: 32)

David was something else, wasn't he? What gave David the boldness to do what he did when he faced Goliath? Well, there were actaully a couple things. One, he knew who was backing him up. He also had the truth on his side. The truth was that God never leaves his people and always, and I repeat, ALWAYS, gives them the victory.

Every one of us has a Goliath in our life. It might be a set of circumstances, a sickness, or even people who have declared war against God and his people. Yes, that does still happen...it's not just little stories in our Bible. Our God never changes, he's the same yesterday, today and forever, and so are his enemies.

"Come here," Goliath said, "and I'll give your flesh to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field" (1 Samuel 17: 44).

Taunting. Death threats. Stealing resources or joy from God's people. That's just like the maggot of the devil we war against. Can't fight fair so he has to threaten the people of God.

Well I've got a news flash for the devil. Our God has given us everything we need to fight our individual Goliath. Just as David reached down and grabbed those smooth stones that brought down Goliath, if you look hard enough, you can find those smooth stones in your own life.

When my thinking is fouled up, I sometimes feel I have nothing to fight with. Maybe he lies to you and says the same thing. You do have something to fight with. It may just be a scripture that you hang on to and confess. It may be a talent or gifting.

Who knows, it may be a blog that with the push of a button can publish truth to the world. Somedays I've wondered if my silly little blog is a smooth stone. Today, I can tell you without a doubt that it is.

No BACKING DOWN!! That's what the spirit of God is saying to me, and possibly that's what he's saying to you today.

Take your best shot devil. Mark my words. When this is all said and done, I'm going to feed your head to the birds of the air. That's a promise.

You can bet your bottom dollar. God will get the victory, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment