Sunday, December 16, 2007

He could do stand-up comedy

The Astros, under Ed Wade, will apparently look completely different next year.

The proof of his success will be in wins and losses, but I'm looking forward to seeing how all these changes pan out for the Astros next year.

I found an article on the Chronicle's Web site, and I got a good chuckle from Chad Qualls quotes. Qualls is going to the Arizona Diamondbacks next season as a result of Wade's changes.

Here are his remarks:

"It's a tough pill to swallow," he said. "I just bought a house in Houston, I just got married this offseason and my wife is from Houston. It's hard to take her away from her family.

"I think it's going to be tougher for her than it is for me. We're going to get through it together, and she's behind me and supports me. Hopefully Arizona brings me good things."


My goal is to never be critical here...but is he kidding?

Do you think it is possible, at times, that these folks forget what they do for a living?

Even if he's paid the league minimum, he's going to get several hundred thousand dollars a year to play catch a few innings a week.

Sounds like Arizona is going to bring him some pretty amazing things. Thank goodness he has a dedicated wife to help him through these difficult times. As torturous as a move to Arizona may seem now, I have a feeling they'll get through it together just fine.

It just goes to show you, these people live on another planet.

Anyway, go Astros!

No comments:

Post a Comment