Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Princess, we're going to have to dig our heels in

"And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

"Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out." (Eph. 6:10-18 Message).


This is the Message translation of some familiar verses in Ephesians. I have read those familiar scriptures for years, and I have never been more convinced of their absolute truth than I am now.

We struggle not against flesh and blood. It sure seems like we do at times, but make no mistake. This is spiritual.

Sweetie, there is nothing I want more than for us to be able to begin the life God has for us together. But I've come to realize that "us" is a reward on the other side of the trial I'm going through.

My heart longs to meet you and get started on our life together. But I realize the importance of the season I'm in. I have no choice now but to wait on God and trust in Him.

Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!"

Write it on an index card and hang it up somewhere if you need to.

Sometimes we complicate the spiritual battle we're in. The enemy's strategy is very simple. Wear the people of God down. Continue to hold out until they simply can't wait anymore, and they give up.

Here's the strategy God has given me: Don't quit, ever.

And you know how he gives me extra incentive not to give up?

He's puts me in a situation where I can't give up. Where everything is dependant on me standing and seeing the salvation of the Lord.

So I stand. And I pray for you every day. I can't wait to meet you, whoever, and wherever you are.

Be blessed, angel, and give yourself fully to the gifts and talents God has given you.

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment