Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's truth (and I'm keeping it)


What a day we're having so far!

You know why you're having such a great morning? You're keeping the truth, that's why.

No, we're not getting rid of the truth. The truth, you see, is God's way. We're keeping that, for sure.

I really liked this part of Pastor Joel's devotional this morning: "For example, the Bible says that love covers an offense. When you choose to walk in love even when someone has offended you, you are guarding the Truth."

I must be doing pretty good, because I'm walking in love today. Sometimes I feel like I've turned forgiving offenses into a full-time job (with plenty of overtime). If you like job security, there's no better line of work. It doesn't pay well initially, but it seems like everyday I get new, exciting opportunities to forgive and guard the truth. Praise the Lord!

Now that I think about it, I need to update my resume.

He's faithful and good, and He's on our side. I'm just beside myself thinking about the truth of God's word all stored up in my heart.

How about this part: "When you choose God’s way, instead of the world’s way, you are guarding the truth."

I like to think I do this already, but I know I can improve. Hey, I'm a work in progress. It's important we stay in the Word, talk to God every day, and do what he says.

By all means, let's keep the truth!

If you spend a lot of time on the Web or watching the television, I recommend keeping the Word close by. I have a neat little book called "God's Promises For Your Every Need" that I keep right next to the computer here. It's a collection of scriptures all categorized under certain topics.

You've got to be disciplined to keep the truth. Often I'll read something on the Internet machine and think, "Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. I wonder what God has to say about it."

I flip that little scripture book open to just the right verse and get it tattooed on my brain. Hey, truth is truth, and I'm keeping it.

Thanks, Pastor Joel. I'll keep on keeping on today. I'm forgiving everyone, seeking His face, and remaining steadfast in the mission He's given me.

Here's God's truth I'm meditating on today:

"Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He that promised is faithful" (Hebrews 10:23).

That's God's truth. God's way. That's the path I'm choosing today. Let me encourage my readers to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment