Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm blessed and cannot be cursed

You know what the main problem is, Pastor Joel?

I've been spending so much time looking back at all the nausea in the past lately, that I've neglected to look at the excitement ahead.

Make sure you've seen today's devotional by Pastor Joel.

Now don't get me wrong, sometimes we have to address the past. I'm learning that. And I do need to finish what I've started.

Having said that, I think it's important to remember, as Pastor Joel points out, that God can make something even when it appears there's nothing left.

My future is not in this town. This is a city that will always be tied to my pre-Christ days. If I felt like people were as interested in the amazing way God has changed me, instead of focusing on the John that is long gone (and I mean long gone), maybe I'd consider hanging around.

Even Jesus had to leave his own hometown for anything amazing to happen.

Hey, God didn't lead me out into this desert to die or just sit around for the rest of my life. No way! He's given us the power to create wealth, friends. And it only costs about $100 to pick up a bus ticket, so I don't have to be very wealthy to pull that off, bless God.

"The earth was formless and void...and God said, Let there be light"(Genesis 1: 2-3).

Pastor Joel says God can speak light into my darkest hour, and thank goodness we're not in that hour. But I am in an hour where I'm looking for God to open a door for me. Let's look expectantly and see where the door is.

We're willing and obedient, so we're going to eat the good of the land. That's a given.

It doesn't matter if it hairlips the governor, as my mom used to say, we're going to walk victoriously out of this thing and right into our God-ordained destiny.

Is that what God says about my situation? Certainly. There's power in my words.

In due season, I'm going to reap a harvest, but for now, it is my destiny and God's plan for me to finish the project I've started. I like this short video. I think this video perfectly illustrates the intensity of the battle we're in. Here's the guy you want in the fox hole with you. A warrior.

Hey Pastor Joel...question for you. Is the Earth only 6,000 years old? Are dinosaur bones real or were they created by the devil to throw off the scientists? Did I come from monkeys?

I probably should honor my father and mother better than that, but what I mean is did we evolve from apes. Since we're talking about Genesis I thought I'd ask.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. My dreams are not broken. My dreams are very alive. God simply closed the doors here so I can get to the place I can start my future.

I might need to break out The Bucket List again and see which ones I'm close to accomplishing. I've got to be pretty close to a breakthrough, now that I'm on YouTube.

Speaking of YouTube, who's watching the presidential election coverage? Have we decided who we are voting for yet? John McCain is quite a story. This is the guy that used to sit at the end of the platform during the debates and barely say anything, and now he's the lone Republican candidate.

And why do some people on the right dislike Hillary Clinton so much? I like her. I'm sorry if that gets me voted out of any club, but I'm just telling you what I feel. I think she's a good person, and I like to watch her speak.

And Obama. Hey brother, don't worry about Pastor Wright, when I get up to Chicago again, I've got to visit that church! That guy is something else. He can preach, but I bet you wish he'd vacation between now and November.

I like watching Wolf Blitzer on CNN. You ever watch this guy? It's a pretty good show, too. The best political team on television, and you know it is, because they said so. They call it the Situation Room. He always makes me feel like I'm part of the show. He'll say something like, "I'm Wolf Blitzer, and you're in the Situation Room."

I always feel like he's talking right to me. I know that's silly, but that's how I think sometimes.

It's sort of like Pastor Joel's devotionals. Some days it seems like they perfectly apply to exactly what I'm thinking or facing that day. It's weird. We Holy Ghost folks used to call it "reading my mail." You're pretty good like that.

Speaking of seeing someone on TV and thinking they are speaking directly to me, I was flipping channels the other day. I came across the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), and Matt Crouch was standing next to his wife and he was looking directly into the camera. He said this: "If God decides he needs your talents, it's going to happen."

He was talking directly to me. I feel it. Matt, the answer is yes, I would be more than happy to appear in one of your upcoming films. I'll blog daily on the set. It'll be fun. Let's make a movie.

Now, I tell you this hoping you can keep a secret, because Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman may have been expecting to be in my first film, but they'll just have to wait in line, right? We're going to doing something for the kingdom. If God decides he needs my talent, it's going to happen. Can I get a better amen?

I love it when people tell me something isn't going to happen, or they roll their eyes when I speak faith. I love it because in that moment God gives me permission to avoid that person. I'm kidding, I'm not anti-social, but I'm looking for dreamers to hook up with in my life right now. If you think big, and believe anything is possible with God, let's get together and do something.

So, today we're big-thinking people. Let's get in agreement with God today, agreed?

I'll be home as soon as I can get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment