Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bus stations are fascinating

I'm just sitting here at the Greyhound Bus Station in downtown Houston. What a fascinating cross-section of America. If those candidates for president want to do something unique and show they are in step with the citizens of this great country, they should bring some media folks along and take a bus ride for a couple thousand miles or so. I'm not talking about their bus. I'm talking about one of these powerful machines.

I'm heading out to L.A., a great American city that I'm sure is eagerly awaiting my arrival. Give me a couple days, folks, I'm doing it by bus. Have you ever taken the bus? You've got to try this. I feel like this is a part of American life I have been denied to this point.

The bus to New Orleans was running a bit behind, but it looks like it just pulled up. That's a big group of people and its tough to see them go.

My only complaint at this point is that the soda machine is out of diet Coke, so I'm having to drink a regular Coke. Have you ever drank a regular Coke after switching to diet Coke for a few years. Don't try it. I doubt I'll finish it.

We're watching the Situation Room here in the bus station, waiting to board. From what I gather from their discussion, there seems to be something wrong with the economy. I'll have to pay closer attention and I'll get back to you with the details.

I don't worry about the economy very much. My Heavenly Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and I have money for a bus ticket. These are the best of times. In times of famine, we enjoy plenty. I think I read that somewhere. I'm just crazy enough to believe it.

I better. With the amount of money I'm taking with me on this trip, I'd say the likelihood of me sleeping outdoors within a couple weeks is hovering at around 100 percent. Exciting! You want to talk about walking by faith? I hear a lot of folks talk about it, but I have the distinct pleasure of being able to do it! A new hallelujah!!

I'm sure I'll find work. You can shower at YMCAs, right? While I'm waiting to move into whatever place God has for me there, I can get online at the library with Ted. I may seriously try to find him.

I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm doing the right thing, right? I'm walking in love. I'm letting go of all the past offenses and pressing forward to my new beginning! What an amazing feeling.

Houston, you are a fantastic city. The city of my birth. The city of my rebirth. And the city of an unbelievable Greyhound bus station. The battery needs to be recharged on this computer -- let me take a little break from all this difficult typing and try to find a place to recharge. I need to give one of these kind attendants my luggage and get ready to board. Chat with you later on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment