Thursday, January 1, 2009

A modest prediction for 2009

"'No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,' declares the LORD." (Isaiah 54:17).

One of the things I love most about serving God, and I've mentioned this here before, is having God's word as an anchor and unshakable truth in my life. It never fails or comes back void.

What am I looking forward to most in 2009?

I'm looking forward to seeing the failure of every weapon that has been formed against me. What's that mean? It means that if the devil and his maggots used or devised a weapon against me, it will fail.

Not may fail. Not, "well, it could fail if it's convenient or comfortable for us to do something about it."

No, it will fail, and I will have everything God has said I will have.

Secondly, I'm looking forward to condemning every tongue that has accused me falsely. I will not be held hostage by liars and maggots. If you have made an untrue remark about my past, in the hopes of furthering some cause in your own life, look out!

God's word is so wonderful. I love that it never fails. Vindication, as our scripture reads, is part of my heritage as a member of the family of God. Wow! I love that. That means that our Heavenly Father, who incidentally watches over his word to make sure it performs (Jeremiah 1:12), is on the case for me. Even if everyone else is goofing off and/or dragging their feet, my Father never sleeps.

What an amazing, mighty God we serve!

Listen, I know most of you aren't having to put up with the diarrhea that I'm having to put up with in my life right now. For most of you, you're going to be able to serve the Lord this coming year with joy and blessings and all that other good stuff.

2009 looks like another year of warfare for me. I think part of finding joy in tough situations is realizing and accepting that this is God's will for my life right now...that part of him ultimately getting glory out of this situation requires that I go through this right now.

Sometimes serving God is like that. Paul wrote to Timothy and said the gospel was the reason he was "chained like a criminal." It's not always comfortable doing the right thing, because so many in this world are apparently allergic to doing the right thing. As servants of God and his truth, we are often put at odds with those who wouldn't know the real Jesus if he walked up to them face-to-face.

But we, as true servants of the master, press on. We press on knowing that he is our hope, he is our shield, and he is our vindicator. Just read the scripture listed above. It's amazing!

I look forward to his vindication this year, even if it means putting up with a bunch of satellite trucks parked outside the courthouse.

Let's get to work, today, being God's hands and feet as he watches over his word.

Happy New Year. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment