Friday, January 23, 2009

Movie night at the historic Egyptian Theater in Hollywood!

Tonight I made a beautiful trip to Hollywood Boulevard. What a place. Christians, come, enjoy, be prayed up!

There is a fantastic location on Hollywood called the Egyptian Theater, which plays old movies on a huge screen in a 600-seat auditorium. The place is famous for a number of things, one of which is that it's the theater Sid Grauman staged the first Hollywood premiere in the 1920s.

It's been renovated, looks great, and it's a wonderful place to see a movie. Tonight they offered a double-feature screening of "The "Friends of Eddie Coyle" and "Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia," two films from the 1970s.

Did I have a good time? Well, watch the trailers and you tell me. I was giggling a lot, as you can imagine.





I actually stepped out of the second film early due to some content issues. I am, after all, still one of those born-again folks, and it got a tad racy for me. Overall, I had a great time, though. There are few joys in life like a good old movie, in a historic theater on Hollywood Boulevard. You've got to check it out. It's a wonderful concept.

When are y'all screening "2001: A Space Odyssey"? I've been wanting to see that one on the big screen for years. There's a place in Austin called The Paramount, that revives old movies as well, and I heard that when they screened 2001 it was one of the biggest crowds they ever had.

Anyway, I'm back in my room, kicking back. I'll spend a few minutes with the Lord this evening before bed. I'd say it's been a very pleasant day. Thank you for reading. Goodnight.

By the way, our scripture for the night is:

"I will not die, but live, And tell of the works of the LORD" (Psalm 118:17).

No comments:

Post a Comment