Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Welcome to California!

It's been a fabulous drive. I first need to say thanks to the wonderful people of Las Cruces, New Mexico, where I stayed last night. This community has chosen hope over fear. I was going to go sit on a park bench downtown and have some quiet time with Jesus, but I chose to do that in the hotel and press on today.

Phoenix and Tucson, I wish I could have stayed longer. Beautiful cities. I actually got out of the car for a few minutes in Phoenix to grab something to eat. I could live in either of those cities, but I don't have a job in either place so that wouldn't work well.

The first Help Wanted sign I've seen on my journey is here at the Coachella Travel Center in Coachella, California. Princess, would you still love me if I worked at the truck stop? Nothing wrong with the fine folks here at the truck stop, but I think I'm going to keep searching. This has been great, though, at least finding employment opportunities at my first stop here in the state. Great things must be ahead.

I'm going to stay hidden tonight, checking in under the cover of darkness, getting ready for the joys of Southern California. Los Angeles this evening? It's just a short drive up the road.

I'd love to have chow at Mr. Eastwood's restaurant sometime, but I've heard that is way north, and in these tough economic times, driving to Northern California simply to eat in a restaurant is not prudent financial management. Let it be said of us, that our hearts belonged to Jesus and we made wise financial decisions. And the people shall say "amen."

Anyway, it's a nice night in California, and I just wanted to check in so you wouldn't worry that I was dead or broken down somewhere. I know how much some of my readers worry. You really shouldn't worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. I'm going to go out to the vehicle, drive around to find an Internet connection so I can post this, and then drive west on I-10. We'll see where I end up.

More to come later when I get settled in somewhere in the next day or so. You are such good readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment