Thursday, June 4, 2009

An open letter to the President of the United States

Dear President Obama:

Pretty good speech today, Mr. President. As you spoke to the Muslim world from that podium in Cairo, I pondered how just letting go of the past is really the best way to handle the situation I'm in, too. I was inspired. We just can't be bound by the points of contention in our past anymore. Excellent job, Mr. President.

It got me wondering about how I could apply that type of desire for peace in my own life. I think it's time to move on. It's time for a new beginning. A fresh start, as it were.

We can do that, Mr. President, as soon as I can pick up some sort of compensation for my time, and what this has cost me. I don't want a bailout. Those are evil, just ask Gov. Perry. I don't want my government to give me something for nothing. Only bums want that kind of handout.

No, I just want the same consideration everyone else got in this situation. Remember, Mr. President, that everyone else involved with this problem (including those who caused it) had the luxury of an income during all this time that I've been fighting the good fight of faith. And, I don't think I need to remind you that I'm standing against activity that you, and your Federal Bureau of Investigation, knows darn well went on.

The threatening of an American citizen, with firearms, by members of a state agency. I bet that kind of crap wouldn't fly in Egypt.

Let's get that check delivered to this address as soon as possible, so we can all put this behind us and embark on the exciting lives we have ahead of us.

Remember, "let's all just put this behind us" works for everyone else in this situation, but me. In your quiet time today, please reread Psalm 25:1-3. It isn't right if everyone else in this situation gets a reprieve, while the one who stood up for what is right gets stiffed. Sorry, sir, but with all due respect to whoever might be standing in the way of doing what is right, that ain't gonna happen.

I did what was right, and you know it, Mr. President. Again, I'm not asking for anything I wouldn't want for you or one of your family members if you were as unfairly treated as I was (and had the fortitude and integrity to stand against it).

Unless there is a massive (and it would have to be massive for it to be taking this long) criminal investigation going on that I don't know about, let's ask those involved to make this right so we all can talk about something else for a change.

Let's stop wasting time, sir. Seriously. I really don't think I'm being unreasonable. "It's over, move on" isn't an answer or solution. And you know that. To get a fresh start I'm going to need resources. Not a handout. I need what I've earned, frankly.

Please tell our Muslim friends I love them dearly, and let them know that God's word never returns void (Psalm 25:1-3). That, along with the American values we cherish and hold dear, is why we need to be fair to everyone involved with this before we can move on. That includes me. As uncomfortable as this truth apparently is for someone, it's what has to be done.

I appreciate your time. Once this is all put behind us, maybe we could meet for burgers in Washington, D.C. when you've got a few minutes.

Sincerely,

John Tyler

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, I agree with you. I believe all the misery in the world has been handed down from generation to generation. Not only is it handed down, it is more extreme. A slight grunge against a person because a family feud in 7 generations.

    ReplyDelete