Friday, August 7, 2009

In Perth at hotel after long trek

Twitter is acting a bit weird today (Having a hard time posting) so I'll have to catch you all up on the blog.

Anyone who says this is a small world didn't just get off the airplanes I just did. This is a very big world and it takes a long time to get to the other side of it.

In the past 27 hours or so, I flew from Houston to L.A., L.A. to the east coast of Australia, then across to the west coast of Australia. Plane from LAX, scheduled for Melbourne, was diverted to Sydney this morning due to bad weather there. Due to the change in destinations, I had to jump on a flight to Perth so quickly that my bags didn't have time to clear customs in Sydney. You can guess what that means.

I'm in Perth tonight with only this computer and the clothes I'd been wearing during those flights. I'm sure the airline is being great about getting them to me ASAP, but it is likely I won't see the bags until tomorrow.

Great trip, otherwise. Again, it's a lot of flying. Flying wears me out. I can't sleep well on airplanes, so I'm about to crash for a little while.

Anyway, I will most likely be here through Wednesday of next week. I'll keep you posted.

By the way, I'm not going to set the time stamp on this blog so all my posts while overseas will reflect Texas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment