Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Interesting places to visit in London

I searched on Google and found a long list of must-see places in London.

However, one London travel writer sets apart 10 sites that she feels are the most important for visitors. I think I'm going to use this list as a basic guide. I'm really excited about my visit this month.

I want to go all the way to the top of that wheel, and look around. I want to knock on the front door of Buckingham Palace and see if the Queen wants to have tea with me. On second thought, maybe I won't do that. I want to see the place, though. Houses of Parliament? Of course, I've got to see Big Ben.

And how could I possibly miss one of the city's most iconic areas? I'll most likely visit Trafalgar Square. I won't feed any birds there, though.

I board the first airplane in about a week. I hope each of my readers is on that plane as well. We usually have quite a good time flying.

The sites on that list should keep me somewhat busy during the daytime. Where should I go at night? Maybe you live in London or have visited and can help me with this.

I don't mind visiting "trendy" nightspots, but quite frankly, I'm most comfortable and happy in certain types of places. For example, if I was to hear The Bolshoi, The Smiths, Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails played in one evening, where would I be? If something like that exists in London, I'll definitely visit.

I'll most likely blog or tweet from over there, so you can keep an eye here for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment