Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Question for the Princess prognosticators: Are you failing again?

We've already picked another Princess for me, haven't we? Only days after I asked you all not to do that in the last podcast, you already have her identified, and are placing undue pressure on her and me. Am I wrong?

I have a feeling I'm right. And since I haven't met anyone new since the last time we talked, you might want to tell me who she is. Is she someone else with a Myspace page that I've never met? Or possibly someone who happened to be in a room I was in for a few hours?

You realize that's how we pick wives for John now.

I should take a moment to address the beautiful women I've been around recently. You're all lovely, and for all I know you might be the most fantastic women on Earth. This is not a criticism of you at all. I'd be honored to meet any of you.

This is, however, criticism of those who continually put undue pressure and scrutiny on women who may or may not want that.

Here's an idea: Why don't we assume I'm completely single and uncommitted until I'm actually dating someone? That way, no one will be in danger of being in error. You still pride yourselves on accuracy, don't you?

I have to let you all in on a secret.

You're rarely accurate.

I haven't met anyone new or been on a date since the last podcast. In fact, I haven't had a conversation with anyone new since that time.

But despite that, I bet we already have her picked out, and are already in the process of making things uncomfortable for her. And I don't think I'm even sure of who this person is you have in mind.

If you've been the victim of the vultures that seem to have nothing better to do than hover around my life and consistently get things wrong, please forgive me.

And like I said on the podcast, my love, whoever you are and wherever you are: If you're interested in me, don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment