Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Traffic exchanges are fantastic except for the emails you have to receive

I owe a great deal of gratitude to the traffic exchange industry.

For many years, I would sit for hours on end and click those damn things, rotating my blog.

If you don't know what a traffic exchange is, here is a link to one of the best. An explanation of how they function is on that page.

People often wonder, "Do traffic exchanges really work?"

For making money, the secret is they actually don't work (unless you own one of them).

However, if personal branding is your goal, they absolutely do work. While the vast majority of people on traffic exchanges are not there to read a personal blog, I have no doubt TEs were absolutely effective in helping to get the word out about my situation worldwide over the years, at no cost.

If you put something up that is unique, and rotate it on a regular basis, people will take a look out of curiosity. You can put your message in front of thousands of eyeballs every day for free, if you have a little time to invest.

Now to the bad part. These fucking emails the owners send out. Apparently, there is a great deal of ego in the Internet marketing community, and some of these people (not all of them) are professional smart asses. EasyHits4U rarely sends out an email, and that's a good thing. That's one reason why I recommend them. You can rotate your site without having to put up with a bunch of stupid shit.

I have most of those emails going straight to the place they belong: the spam folder.

However, I feel like the service provided by traffic exchanges has been instrumental for me over the years. I'm very thankful for that.

Thanks, TE owners and users. You all deserve a brand new BMW.

No comments:

Post a Comment