Sunday, May 1, 2011

What a weekend we've had so far

What a weekend we've had so far. I got up around 3:45 a.m. on Friday and watched Royal wedding coverage.

He's so lucky, his wife is fantastic! And he's the future King of England, which probably isn't a bad job.

Was I impressed with the wedding? I don't think I could have been more impressed. Excellent in every way. This would have been a great time to be in England, and I imagine this will provide a increase to UK tourism for some time.

In fact, I think the wedding may have been the best worldwide image boost in the country's history. I loved the image of them driving away in that car after the wedding, waving at everybody. Have you noticed how the Royal family always waves at people?

In the horse-drawn carriage, lip readers claim William said to Kate, "You have to wave back, even if it's too much for you."

In times like this I have to admit there is something very elegant about all the pomp and pageantry of that form of government. England should be proud of itself for a job extremely well done. And congratulations to the bride and groom.

I was going to watch the shuttle launch Friday as well but the heaters were broken.

I've been hanging out in a house with an AC unit that's been broken for about a month. It's 11:30 p.m. as I write this, and it's still about 85 degrees indoors. Summer isn't even here yet!

I promise not to bitch and moan on this blog day after day about the temperature, but I'm going to feel like doing just that. Hopefully payday is coming soon so I can find my own place with a functioning air conditioner.

Have you heard a rumor that I've come into some money? My sweet Aunt Gene was deliberately kicking a box of Humble Oil stock (Exxon) on the floor in her closet one day when she asked me to get something for her, like she was trying to draw my attention to it. This was several years ago. She passed away recently.

Sometimes things are right underneath our feet, and we just need to change the way we're thinking about them. If there's any truth to this rumor a phone call from someone would be greatly appreciated.

Have you ever wondered what you would do if you came into a lot of money overnight, like winning the lottery or getting a huge cash settlement? What would be the first thing you'd buy? The first thing I'd buy is deodorant. And then a box of Prilosec OTC. A big box, not the 14 pack.

After hernia surgery, maybe a nice trip to some exotic location with my Princess. They say money can't buy happiness, but I actually think it can.

I've priced the Princess Podcasts extremely low so everyone can enjoy them. All it costs is 99 pennies transferred from your Paypal account, and anyone can afford that.

Remember, payments are processed through Paypal, the most trusted worldwide online payment processor. Completely secure, so you can listen today without worry. Go ahead and download one, and I think you'll enjoy some of the crazy shit I say. Crazy but true.

Thanks for reading, as always. Remember, I can send you an email each time I post something new, if that is more convenient for you. Simply enter your email address in the "Follow by email" form on the right-hand side of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment