Friday, February 10, 2012

Hanging out at my Clear Lake office today, and a Princess search update

I thought I'd take a few minutes to catch you all up, because when you don't hear from me for several days you seem to get concerned.

I don't get paid to blog, nor is there much to report right now, so I basically blog when I feel like blogging. It really is a great arrangement.

I'm working out of one of my offices right now, which is the Clear Lake branch of the Harris County Public Library. I also office out of the Deer Park Public Library several hours a week. Here's a photo of my Clear Lake office.

I showed that photo to my dad, and he said, "Looks like you're a lawyer." If I was a lawyer, I'd have a commercial on TV that says, "Somewhere in all these old, dusty law books we lost a very important concept. The law is for everyone, not just rich and powerful dickheads trying to get away with a bunch of crazy shit."

Well, maybe I wouldn't use those exact words, but you get my drift. Can you imagine the personal satisfaction of going to work each day to fight against maggots and bullies? I might have missed my calling.

You're probably wondering how the job search is going. I interviewed with an oil and gas company here in Houston recently, but I don't think I was a very good fit for the team. The two guys I spoke with were nice, and I sincerely appreciate their time, but this was a different kind of writing than I've done in the past and maybe wasn't the best match for me. I need to continue winning, and I have to trust other people's judgment as to where I'll continue to win as fantastically as I have in the past.

I also applied to a couple government jobs recently outside of Houston (one in San Antonio and another in Indianapolis). I'm definately qualified, and I supposedly get special consideration because I'm a veteran. If those two places determine I'm not a good fit for the team, I'll probably determine I'm not a good fit for anyone's team, and I'll have to jump off a cliff.

I'm not dating right now, so the Princess prognosticators (people that try to guess who my Princess is) probably shouldn't be pairing me up with anyone. If you're new to the blog, you might not have discovered yet that any single female that I'm in a room with for any length of time becomes my Princess.

If I go to a new bar, or a public library, and there are single females in the room, people think I'm trying to pair up. Have you ever considered that maybe I'm just looking for a place to plug my laptop in?

The best advice I can give to Princess prognosticators, as I've said in the past, is wait until I'm actually dating before you pretend you know who I'm thinking about. That's better for me, but most importantly that's better for the females around me. They don't deserve that kind of silliness.

Dating really is on the back burner for me right now. Let's find the right oportunity for me first, and then I'll ask her out.

Do you want to know who she is?

Again, once I find the right opportunity, she'll get asked out.

So, what are we waiting for?

Go out and make it a great day folks! I guess I'm waiting for my phone to ring today.

No comments:

Post a Comment