Sunday, February 12, 2012

I think the black helicopters overhead are friendly. They haven't fired on anyone yet.

The black helicopters over Deer Park, Texas, were quite active this weekend. These two photos were taken today (Sunday) from the backyard in the College Park subdivision.

The second photo is a direct flyover (the camera is pointing straight up). They were up on Saturday as well, but I couldn't get my camera turned on and out the door fast enough to shoot pictures.

I've seen them flying mostly after dark recently, so they are hard to photograph. It's actually a bit more exciting when there are several of them at the same time.

They haven't fired on me yet (or anyone else for as much as I can tell), so they're probably just keeping an eye on the neighborhood for terrorists or assholes. I want to see them open fire on one of those small airplanes! Well, maybe not over the neighborhood itself, but how about following one of them to the Laporte area? There's a lot of open space in that area around Underwood.

Relax. I'm kidding. But I've really enjoyed watching the skies. Last week sometime I heard the sound of a plane descending quickly in the area (sounded like it was coming down!), and I ran out the back door just in time to see the thing pulling up and away. It looked like a private jet or a small passenger plane, but I can't be completely sure.

I hope someone is taping all this stuff for the feature film.

No comments:

Post a Comment