Thursday, October 24, 2013

If you want to know where I am, simply read this post now! Exclusive information!

The journey started in Baytown, Texas, earlier this week. I packed up the Amigo power ride and headed down that familiar stretch of I-10 toward paradise, otherwise known as Southern California.

I'm still without my Princess, so I decided it wouldn't be selfish of me to wander westward on my own. Who knows, someday I could actually get to converse with her and she might say, "Let's go east this time."

The Princess will get to go where she wants, but in her absence the vehicle always seems to roll west. I probably should just stay on the West Coast all the time and save the gas. I type tonight in a clean and comfortable room in Long Beach, California.

I spent one night in El Paso, Texas, at the Montana Motel. El Paso is very cool. I always try to stop there shortly when heading west.  The Montana wasn't a bad place to shower and crash for the evening. I didn't get a chance to pick up one of those chicken sandwiches from a Wendy's near the motel, but I did snap that photo of the sign in the parking lot. Let's keep making fantastic sandwiches and good decisions on the sign.


I imagine the coffee at this truck stop is pretty good, but whether they brew the best coffee anywhere along I-10 is probably up for debate. I snapped the photo below in Lordsburg, New Mexico, a tiny town in the middle of the New Mexico desert. I stopped for gas this time through, but on a previous trip several years ago I had to stay the night. My fan belt snapped as I approached the town's first exit on I-10. Heading back from L.A., and trying to make it back to Houston to watch the Super Bowl with friends, I found myself without a vehicle for a couple of days while waiting for the town's only auto parts store to open. I watched the Super Bowl that year by myself in a Lordsburg motel room.


I didn't stop to see The Thing again on this trip. However, I always enjoy pissing and relaxing at this Arizona rest stop. The rocks see to climb up forever. The east-bound side on the highway displays the most interesting rock formations, but this wall of rock on the west-bound side makes me want to climb up to the top and yell to my fellow travelers below, "I climbed up to the top of this fucking thing!" I don't think they let people do that, so I probably won't.


Don't you love the tunnel on I-10 in Phoenix, Arizona? I wondered what it would look like if I held my camera out the window and snapped a picture as I drove through. Now we know exactly what that looks like.


This is the door to my room in Long Beach. Beautiful, feel free to knock! A new podcast is coming soon, recorded in this very room. Are you ready for another podcast? Then I should probably do that in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment