Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Contemplating whether Houston is my final destination, and some upcoming events

I'm on somewhat of a vacation from my work in the consumer electronics industry. One of the things I've enjoyed about my recent dabbling in the consumer electronics industry is the number of vacations you get. Consumers seem to purchase home electronics in spurts, and we are apparently on the tail end of a spurt that occurred over the holidays.

I've decided not to head to California during this time off, but opted instead to start getting out more in Houston in the coming days. There are some exciting events coming up that I hope you all attend.

For starters, I'm looking forward to upcoming shows by Skinny Puppy, Ellie Goulding, and hopefully Selena Gomez at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (although the show is on a Sunday afternoon and I might not be able to work that into my schedule). A call to the Bayou Music Center revealed the upcoming Lorde show sold out in ten minutes, and I don't have a ticket as of right now. I'd like to see that show, so I'll see what I can do about somehow getting my hands on a ticket.

As to my future plans: At this point I'm not sure whether Houston is the permanent address (I often feel I'd enjoy a fresh start somewhere else), but I want to begin attending events in the near future that will at least prepare me to say "goodbye" to my hometown if that is truly what's coming. If I do stay, it's refreshing to know I already have a realtor lined up.

I realize that many people pretend to know where I'm going, or whether I'm staying in Texas or not, but what they seem to forget is that is a decision that will be made by me alone (or with my future spouse). No matter how convincing someone might be in telling you they know what the plans are, they are deceiving you. How do I know that? Because I don't know what the plans are yet, and I'm the decider. I think a lot of people would tell you a change of scenery at some point is exactly what I need.

However, there might be a good lesson in this for all of us. Let's be careful about the sources of information in which we choose to give credence. Always ask yourself these questions when processing information about John Tyler or anything else:

1) Does this person(s) have an agenda, or is there some sort of personal gain or larger purpose they are trying to accomplish for themselves or an organization they represent?

2) Does this person really know what the hell they are talking about?

Almost 100 percent of the time, the answer to the first question is going to be "yes" and the answer to the second question is going to be "no."

In other words, this blog or my Twitter page is currently the only reliable source of information regarding John Tyler and his future plans (unless I specifically mention a particular source here as credible). Right now I'm taking life day by day, and I'll make those decisions when the time arrives to do so.

Having said all that, maybe we should all go ahead trust the Mercedes Benz corporation:

No comments:

Post a Comment