Monday, August 11, 2014

Photos of a younger John with siblings, new Oilers tailgating gear, and the Numbers mural

Now she has a baby of her own named Kitty, but back then she was the baby. Here is a photo of me holding my little sister, Erin. My mother took this photo in the late 1970s at our home in a small beach town south of Los Angeles, California. I’m proudly wearing my “Houston Earlers” shirt (honoring Earl Campbell), worn and washed so many times that the letters are peeling off.

Solidarity. Oilers fans always seem to stick together. My mother took this photograph of my sister Jennifer and me in the early 1980s. During this time, we lived in the Clear Lake City area, south of Houston, Texas.

We have plenty of cups for tailgating. My roommate went to a pretty cool garage sale and brought home a myriad of cups honoring the Greatest Football Team. I’ve been checking eBay for parking passes to get into the NRG Stadium parking lot in the near future. That’s a pretty good party on game day, and a fantastic opportunity for fans to get their photo on this blog (if they’re dressed properly).

It’s been a big responsibility owning this town. I enjoyed seeing this billboard again south of downtown Houston (the same billboard was on the opposite side of Interstate 45 several months ago). You know how much I enjoy beauties on the dance floor, almost as much as I enjoy life itself. I’ve also been known to enjoy vodka a time or two, but that’s our secret. Well, I guess that’s not a secret anymore. Vodka tonic is my favorite drinky. I'll have to try some of this New Amsterdam sometime.

Speaking of that, look at what they’ve done to Numbers! I’m impressed. An artist has painted a mural on an outside wall featuring many of the artists that we grew up listening to there. Morrissey, Al Jourgensen, Trent Reznor, Robert Smith, David Bowie, Sisters of Mercy, Blondie, etc. I haven’t been inside in a while, so I might make an appearance soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment