Thursday, September 4, 2014

Celebrating a new NFL season, “Great memories” focuses on football in the coming days

With a new NFL season kicking off tonight, I think we should spend some days remembering those artists that used football as a means to show solidarity for the cause.

As I looked for videos to feature on my Twitter page in the coming days, I noticed a common theme arise. NFL teams on the West Coast seem to have this thing right more frequently than other organizations. That may or may not actually be the case, but that is the way it will often seem as you watch the videos I have lined up.

You may think I’m showing loyalty to one team or another here, but I’m primarily showing loyalty to the fans and the artists that have used their art to build this thing.

If you really want to know where my loyalties lie, take a look as this incredible new shirt I purchased on the Internet for this season. Wouldn't Lucy Liu look fantastic in something like that?

If you’ve seen an artist that has produced a song or video supporting a team anywhere that needs to be featured here, email me any time at john@pinnaclecreative.net. I’d love to post videos about the Colts, Ravens, Cardinals, Jets, etc., if they fit the format. If you don’t know what I mean by “fit the format,” simply watch the videos I post this week and I think you see and hear a commonality.

Again, West Coast teams seem to have a distinct advantage in this effort, so far. But that’s fine by me. You all know how much I love the West Coast, and I’ve been a resident out there on several occasions during my life.

During this season, you may occasionally hear people say “that’s it” or “game over,” but what that really means is “the best is yet to come!” Keep watching.

Let’s have a fantastic season. Go Oilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment