Friday, July 17, 2015

Yo soy Juan, and other stuff

I finished emptying my storage unit on Thursday. This one was located in Baytown, Texas.

I hope the nice people of Baytown won't interpret my spat with Herb Man and Nazi Warrior as an indication of my feelings for them in general. I actually enjoyed my day-to-day contact with them while I was there, but it was time to move on.

In a way, they've done me a favor.

They forced me to take a look at what I needed to do, even though doing it at the time was uncomfortable. Moving forward is uncomfortable at times, and it requires us to take steps to reach outside our comfort zone. I imagine if you look back at your own life you'll see that those times of growth were often accompanied by inconvenience or discomfort.

Now all I have to look forward to is big hope, big life, big money and a big future. All of this because I've strived to do the right thing and remain honorable in my everyday affairs. I love how life rewards you for doing good.

I moved the remainder of those boxes from Baytown today to my apartment in Houston. Things have been relatively quiet since my last post, although I visited the rental office the other day to find that someone again mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal and had driven into a support pole just outside the office door. I just want to be a good neighbor while I'm here and do my part by always stopping at the approprite spot. I'll do my best.

I realize that I sent out a tweet recently promising a new podcast, and I want to do that for ya'll soon. Y'all deserve fresh content. The princess deserves to hear from me. While I write this, I'm downloading a copy of Audacity (the program I use to record and mix my podcast) to this computer. You should hear from me soon. What do you want me to talk about? Email me at john@pinnaclecreative.net with anything you'd like me to address at this time.

I've been surprised. There hasn't been a lot of waving goodbye at my new apartment complex. Maybe others sense that I'm right where I'm supposed to be at this time. I think I probably am right where I'm supposed to be. There are lots of taco trucks everywhere, the convenience store right down the street sells Busch Ice, and I can continue to produce highly effective professional communications on the Internet without too many people messing with me. I think I'll start calling this place the Shangri-La of Southwest Houston.

What do you guys think of the new Stryper song? (Click image to listen.) I told a Facebook friend from my high school days that in my opinion this is the Stryper record fans have wanted for 20+ years.

We don't want something that sounds like a rock record from 2015.

We want something that sounds like it could have been released on Soldiers Under Command or To Hell With the Devil.

That's what this is. We're looking forward to the tour.

Thanks as always for reading. Keep your heads up, Warriors of Truth, and I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment